Lorin at the Window

Lorin at the Window
Ready for Church

Just In Case You Wanna Have Some CHURCH Up in Here! Shirley Ceasar and "Hold My Mule".

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Soaking It Up!!

Yes, it's 1:30 a.m. and I can not go to sleep. Why? Because God has really put something on my heart and the more I think about it, the deeper it gets. It started last night at church during alter call. Bro. Wilbanks was praying and this burning thought branded my mind and my heart; and it has continued to do so all day today and tonight.
Have you ever been so deep in prayer that it seems that you can actually hear the thoughts of God and feel His heartbeat? Most of the time, when this happens, I am consumed with a huge weight..like the weight of the world is on my heart. I can almost feel the pain, grief and hurt that this world is consumed by and I feel such an urgency to reach them. It's like you are staring at a burning building and you can hear the screams and you are engulfed by the great need these people have to be rescued.
Last night I felt this but it went deeper. It was more geared toward the Church body and our relationship with God. It felt that God was just wanted to saturate every fiber of our being with Him but we were already soaked with so many things of this world that He couldn't fill us completely. I'm not really talking about sin but I'm referring to "stuff". Just plain old carnality in the literal sense of the word: cares of life, entertainment, Wal-Mart, McDonald's, Coke, Pepsi, Jobs, Houses...just all these little things that are woven into our daily life. It's these little things that can steal our focus without us really knowing it.
When I was a little girl we had an above ground pool in our backyard and the chlorine would just kill our hair to the point that it would look like straw. I remember reading that in order to keep the water with the harmful chemicals out, you should wet your hair with pure water before getting into the pool. This would saturate your hair fibers so that there would not be room for your hair to soak up the water with the chemicals. This came to my mind last night and it felt like God was telling me the same thing. I need to be so saturated with Him that the things in the world that could be harmful to my soul or could distract me would not be able to penetrate me. It's when I get to this point that God can truly use me to reach those hurting souls.

While all these thoughts were pouring through my heart I thought of the song "Lord, I'm Available To You". Here are the words in case you don't know it.



"Lord, I'm Available To You"
V1
You gave me my hands
To reach out to man
To show him Your love
And Your perfect plan
You gave me my ears
I can hear Your voice so clear
I can hear the cry of sinners
But can I wipe away their tears?
Ch.
Lord, I'm available to You
My will I give to You
I'll do what you say
Do use me Lord
To show someone the way
And enable me to say
My storage in empty
And I am available to You
V2.
You gave me my voice
To speak Your word
To sing of Your Praises
To those who've never heard
But with my eye I see a need
For more availability
I see hearts that have been broken
So many people to be freed
v3.
Now I'm giving back to You
All the tools You gave to me
My hands, my ears,
My voice , my eyes
So You can use them as You please
I have emptied out my cup
So that You can fill it up
Now I'm free and I just want to be
More available to You.
Ch/End.
Lord, I'm available to You
My will I give to You
I'll do what You say
Do use me Lord
To show someone the way
And enable me to say
My storage is empty
And I am available...
My storage is empty
And I am available...
My storage is empty
And I am available to You
When I read the first definition of the word "Saturate" my mind was completely blown.
Saturate:
1 : to satisfy fully : 2 : to treat, furnish, or charge with something to the point where no more can be absorbed, dissolved, or retained 3 a : to fill completely with something that permeates or pervades b : to load to capacity 4 : to cause to combine till there is no further tendency to combine .

I want to be so Saturated, Satisfied, Permeated, Pervaded, Combined with God that there is room for nothing else!

1 comment:

AnthonyAlex said...

Amen! That is so Awesome! That'll Preach! ~Kristy