Lorin at the Window

Lorin at the Window
Ready for Church

Just In Case You Wanna Have Some CHURCH Up in Here! Shirley Ceasar and "Hold My Mule".

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Wii Fit!


As many of you have probably heard or read, the Nintendo Wii Fit came out this week. Like all good Wii fans, my husband and I pre-ordered it so we would be guarantied one when they came out. There is already a wait for them. I've been needing to really buckle down and get back into my former sports buff shape...yeah, it's been like 1o years lol. I could blame childbirth but it's really just my own laziness! So, today I started my "Life Style Change". Most of the time I make the mistake of jumping in full force and burning out after a month so I'm taking baby steps. I started exercising today and, with the help of my new Wii Fit, I've set some goals; hopefully they are reachable.


So why am I writing about this on my blog? One reason, ACCOUNTABILITY! I figure if I let everyone out there know that I'm starting something, I'll be more committed to finishing. We will see haha! I'll spare myself the embarrassment of telling you all my Body Mass Index (BMI) and weight and just stick to telling you all my goal which is to lose 22 lbs in 3 months....that's my starting goal...I have to lose way more than that!


Today I completed 20 Min. of Aerobic exercise and 15 min. of Strength and Balance training. (remember, baby steps!) Tomorrow I'm going to do some Yoga. The time really flew since it felt more like playing a game than actually just exercising. I can't get over how "smart" the Balance Board is, the technology is really amazing, Hula Hooping has never been so beneficial to your health!! It really is so much fun, my husband and I just kept rolling on the floor laughing at each other while we were trying to learn all the moves! Pray for me!! I'll definitely need encouragement and prayers....but don't tell me I look like I've lost weight until I really do lol!


7 comments:

AnthonyAlex said...

OK Natalie, you need to invite us over soon so I can exercise too! Or maybe not, it might be a "little indecent"! haha! Your parents would be wondering what in the world we are doing!

Natalie said...

You guys really do need to come over...it's LOOOOONNNNGGG over due! What are Anthony's new hours and when is good for you guys? I'm craving those chicken sandwiches.....we will just have to use low fat cream cheese lol I'm VERY serious about you guys coming over so let me know when a good time it so we can set it up!

Tina said...

Oh my goodness, I want to get it but I didnt pre-order so it will probably be 4-evah before I can gte it!! Keep up the good work..you can do it!!

Natalie said...

Tina, you would absolutly love it...not that you need to get in any better shape!! IT's just a lot of fun all around, I bought the Wii Ski game that uses the board too but haven't even played it yet because the Wii Fit is so much fun! I think you can get it at a few Wal-Marts...if you are really nice to the managers they will tell you when they are getting a shipment in!
BTW, did Amy tell you about the Schwans Man driving his truck into the ditch by our driveway trying to deliver our food?

Tina said...

No Amy did not tell me about the Schwanns man. I wish one would come fall in a ditch by me!!! I am so mad at Schwanns right now..I have been begging them to deliver to me for a year and I cant get them to call me! :((((

Natalie said...

Funny! We had the same problem when we lived in Trussville!

Have you tried ordering online?

Tina said...

Yes...they still didnt show up :( Boo hoo!