Lorin at the Window

Lorin at the Window
Ready for Church

Just In Case You Wanna Have Some CHURCH Up in Here! Shirley Ceasar and "Hold My Mule".

Saturday, March 1, 2008

The Tale of Two Loves


I would like to dedicate this blog to my wonderful husband and my incredibly intelligent and beautiful daughter. Without these two marvels there is no telling where my life would be or the extent of dullness that would consume it.






"Heaven Brought Them Together I Suppose". - C. K. Dexter Haven (Cary Grant in The Philadelphia Story)



I fell in love with Tristan on Friday, February 13th 2004 at around 9:00 p.m. Our church Valentines Banquet was the following night and I was frantically applying last minute decorative touches to the Fellowship Hall. I had been working steadily for five hours and was completely parched with nothing to drink in sight. All of a sudden, my knight in shining armour showed up with a taste of pure Heaven... an ice cold, water droplet dripping, Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper. It was love at first sight. How could I resist his proposal to be his date for the Valentine Banquet? When he proposed marriage to me, it was at my favorite spot in Birmingham.....The Gate. As we sat there in the twilight overlooking the Magic City, Tristan asked me to be his wife. Again, I couldn't resist, especially when he promised to buy me Prada shoes for the rest of my days! hehe. Momma didn't raise no fool!



Here is a picture from the Valentines Banquet that following night.....don't we look so skinny and young?!?!?!? (Yes, I blew all those Balloons up!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aaaaawwwwww.....smoochie smoochie...