Lorin at the Window

Lorin at the Window
Ready for Church

Just In Case You Wanna Have Some CHURCH Up in Here! Shirley Ceasar and "Hold My Mule".

Thursday, November 13, 2008

GEAUX TIGERS!



Well, first all, I owe you all a huge apology for not being faithful to my blog. We've had a crazy fall season, first with the death of a friend of mine and then Tristan's mom's death following a week later. Crazy doesn't even describe our life lately! I do have a ton to blog about but I'm not going to try to put it all in one blog..that would just be way tooooo long.


When I received the news that my friend had passed away in Houston, Tx we packed up and headed that way. Unfortunately, Hurricane Ivan was also headed that way so our trip was cut short...stuck in Baton Rouge. I say stuck but it was actually the best time. Tristan, Lorin and I stayed with some old and dear friends from my childhood that I haven't seen in probably 10 years. Thanks to Myspace we have been back in touch the past few months and were able to hook up while Tristan and I were suppose to be just driving through Louisiana.



Eric and Michelle Stokes graciously opened their home to us while I was constantly on the phone and the Internet trying to find a way into Houston. Hanging out with them brought back so many memories of Michelle and I growing up together....we use to do the craziest things!



This was also a kind of memorial for Tristan because he is a huge LSU Tigers fan and this was his first time to visit the state. We arrived on a Saturday just in time for some Tiger Tailgating and some good Cajun food. Yes, I actually ate something that sounded very gross but it was delicious! I'll try anything once! After our reunion, we headed off to tour the campus and catch the Golden Band from Tiger Land before they went into the stadium for the game. Lorin absolutely loved seeing the band and the cheerleaders loved talking to her. Then came Mike the Tiger and the actual tiger that lives on the LSU campus in a multi-million dollar facility...lucky him! After all the pre-game festivities we headed out to Tony's, my favorite seafood place in Baton Rouge...the best Boudin Balls you will ever put in your mouth! After picking up our to go order we headed back to Eric and Michelle's to eat and watch the game. I should tell you that thy have two adorable sons that Lorin loved playing with! I also got to see Eric's mom for the first time in ages and that was very exciting. She is one of the most wonderful women in the world and Lorin took to her immediately. The next day, after I found out there was no way we were going to get within a country mile of Texas, Eric and Michelle took us to an awesome restaurant near the campus called Chimes....it was delicious! The best seafood gumbo I've had in a long time...since Florida at least!! Thanks, Eric and Michelle, for a great time in Baton Rouge and I hope we can visit again soon!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Awww..you look like you had a great time - despite the fact of why you were passing through Louisiana in the first place. You got to post more pictures of Lorin!! It's been since her bday last year when I saw her! =( Love you!

Natalie said...

BTW, that is Pereaux Sutton, Erics Brother, in the picture with me. Many of you have told me that you had no idea that was him lol. It had been ages since I'd seen him! So no, I'm not going around hugging strange guys on the LSU campus haha!